Deriving from our high expectations, the OL 458-4 White LED-based calibration standard is an elite measurement unit. This fixed luminance sphere was created to provide hyper-accurate optical readings for a wide array of instruments. Those instruments include, but are not limited to:
- Micro and Telephotometers
- Image intensifiers
- Imaging photometers and colorimeters intended for photometric, radiometric, and spectoradiometeric response
Compact, tough, and designed to last, the OL 458-4 consists of two basic units: an optics head and a power supply. By using this setup, remote location comes into play. This allows for a more flexible positioning of the integrating sphere in regard to its tested instruments.
The OL 458-4 is not defined by its compact design alone. It integrates cutting edge advancements in the world of integrating spheres. Among them:
- Optional rotating mount support bases
- Luminance uncertainty a mere ±0.5% relative to NIST
- A proprietary coating of Optolon 2™ material
- USB connections allow for control via remote location
- A 5030 K color temperature (this is approximated)
Uniquely, the optics head of the OL 458-4 White LED-based calibration standard contains dual input sources, each with several LEDs embedded. Sources are funneled into a 4-inch integrating sphere, which provides exceptionally diffuse reflectance (based on the VIS/NIR wavelength range).
LEDs are some of the most efficient stimulators of phosphors in luminance calibration. By placing them in the OL 458-4, they permit a consistent spectrum over a wide range. Additionally, the unit does not require connection to a computer system, allowing for mobile and field work when needed.
Features beyond those mentioned above include:
- Quick and efficient warm up
- Internal meters to track usage rates
- Color temperature stability ± 25 K (with regards to calibrated value)
- Stability over a vast range of ambient temperatures
- Cutting edge application software (included)
With uniformity at ±0.1, the OL 458-4 presents itself as a top-level calibration device. We offer customizable features that cover both design and output, so we can fulfill your laboratory’s specific needs. A calibration standard refined skillfully, and delivered with a modern touch.